D7620 VISION PAPER:
Vision Paper Webinar 6 ~06/24/2020
Presentation Slides ~06/24/2020
Vision Paper Webinar 5 ~06/17/2020
Presentation Slides ~06/17/2020
Vision Paper Webinar 4 ~06/10/2020
Presentation Slides ~06/10/2020
Vision Paper Webinar 3 ~06/03/2020
Presentation Slides ~06/03/2020
Vision Paper: BOOSTING D7620 & ROTARY REPUTATION ~05/24/2020
Vision Paper Webinar 2 ~05/27/2020
Presentation Slides ~05/27/2020
Vision Paper Webinar 1 ~05/20/2020
Presentation Slides ~05/20/2020
The Final Six Covid-19 Vision Papers: Topics, Teams & Delivery Dates
~ 5/12/20 Update
1. Retaining and Attracting Members
AGs/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) that have expressed interest: AG Bob Sartwell & AG Delores Edwards; Identified SMEs: DGN-D Sean McAlister, District Membership Co-Chair Jennifer Coppit
Vision Paper Release Date: May 17
Vision Paper Follow-On webinar: May 20, will be held at 7 pm
2. Boosting D7620 & Rotary Reputation
AGs/SMEs that have expressed interest: AGs: AG Dawn Wittfelt & DG Tiffany Ahalt; Possible SMEs to be confirmed by the AGs heading up this Vision Paper
Vision Paper Release Date: May 24
Vision Paper Follow-On webinar: May 27, will be held at 7 pm
3. Fundraising During Covid-19 & Allocating Funds for Club-Designated Activities
AGs/SMEs that have expressed interest: AG Mandy Warfield & AG Bill DuBoyce; Possible SMEs: District PI Chair Ashley Waters
Vision Paper Release Date: May 31st
Vision Paper Follow-On webinar: June 3rd, will be held at 7 pm
4. Making Rotary Meetings Safe: In-Person and Online Format Options
AGs/SMEs that have expressed interest: AG Sue Webber & AG Frank Senk; Possible SMEs: Daniel Fischer (president of mBR Club), Temrah Okonski (president of Ellicott City Club)
Vision Paper Release Date: June 7th
Vision Paper Follow-On webinar: June 10th, will be held at 7 pm
5. Keeping Youth Engaged: Interact, Rotaract, Toastmasters and More
AGs/SMEs that have expressed interest: AG Heidi Webb & AG Suzanne Green; Possible SMEs: District Rotaract Chair Monique Toussaint, District Interact Chair Marilyn Cruz, and Toastmaster District Officer Kim Kilduff (410/294-5474)
Vision Paper Release Date: June 14th
Vision Paper Follow-On webinar: June 17th, will be held at 7 pm
6. A New Generation of Training: Best Practices for Online Training, Seminars, Board Meetings, and Club Assemblies
AGs/SMEs that have expressed interest: AG Geetha Jayaram & AG Barbara Thompson; possible SMEs: AG Bob Sartwell, Dave Vogel (president of the Annapolis Parole Club)
Vision Paper Release Date: June 21
Vision Paper Follow-On webinar: June 24, will be held at 7 pm
On behalf of D7620, we have launched a District-wide, thought-leadership initiative called ‘Team Covid-19 Recovery’. The goal of Team Covid-19 Recovery is to help D7620 Rotary Clubs and Rotarians navigate the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. To accomplish this goal, Team Covid-19 Recovery will be reaching out to all D7620 Rotarians and asking you to complete an online survey so that we understand what is important to you and your Clubs regarding Covid-19 recovery. I will be sending you via email a link to this online survey on Monday, May 4th. We will shut down the survey Thursday, May 7th, at 5 pm so thanks in advance for taking the survey in a timely manner.
Based on your feedback, Team Covid-19 will develop six, Covid-19 “Vision documents” between now and the end of June. The goal of these Vision documents, which will 2-3 pages in length, is to provide guidance to both Clubs and Rotarians on how to deal with key areas of concern such as membership, fundraising, safe social engagement related to the impact of Covid-19, and other.
The six Covid-19 Vision documents will be emailed to all Rotarians and will also be posted on our District website. We will distribute each Covid-19 Vision document on Sunday (i.e., May 17, 24, 31, June 7, 14 21). We will also organize a one-hour webinar the following Wednesday (i.e., May 20, 27, June 3, 10, 17, 24) from 7-8 pm to review the Covid-19 Vision document that was delivered that Sunday. Participants will have time to share their thoughts and ask questions during these webinars. Webinars will be recorded and made available for viewing at future times so, for example, Clubs could use them as ongoing resources throughout the Covid-19 recovery.
HERE ARE ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING THE TEAM COVID-19 RECOVERY INITIATIVE:
What is the purpose of the Team Covid-19 Recovery initiative?
- To prepare D7620 Clubs and Rotarians for the Covid-19 recovery period that is likely to last for multiple years
- To share best practices regarding topics of importance to Rotary Clubs and Rotarians
- To offer guidance to Rotary Clubs and Rotarians – in the form of recommendations – regarding each of six Covid-19 recovery topics
What is the timeline for the Team Covid-19 Recovery initiative and who is responsible for these initiatives?
- The Team Covid-19 Recovery initiative has at least two phases:
- Phase 1 will last through June 30, 2020 (the end of the 2019-2020 Rotary year) under DG Barton Goldenberg’s guidance
- Phase 2 will start on July 1, 2020 (the new 2020-2021 Rotary year) under DGE Jimmie Gorski’s guidance
How is Phase I being organized?
- First, Team Covid-19 will send a needs-assessment survey to all D7620 Rotarians (currently schedules to go out on Monday, May 4th
- Next, I will identify team leads from D7620 AGs who will put together a team to create each of the six Covid-19 Vision documents and follow-up webinars
- Third, the D7620 Public Image Chair working in conjunction with the D7620 Executive Secretary will distribute the Vision statements and advertise the webinars
- Finally, the D7620 Executive Secretary will add the Vision documents and recorded webinars to the D7620 website for easy access by all
What are the deliverables for the Team Covid-19 Recovery initiative?
- Six Covid-19 Vision documents
- Six Covid-19 recorded webinars
In advance, let us thank all D7620 Rotarians for your participation in the Team Covid-19 Response initiative. Together, we will make this happen!